HIV - Human immunodeficiency virus, teda humánny imunodeficientný vírus (vírus imunitnej nedostatočnosti) je retrovírus vedúci k chorobe zvanej AIDS - acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (získaný syndróm imunitnej nedostatočnosti) - stav u ľudí, keď imunitný systém začne zlyhávať, čo vedie k život ohrozujúcim infekciám.
- UNAIDS - Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS webpage
- Division of Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (DAIDS) - National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) at NIH
- History of AIDS research at the NIH
- Medecins Sans Frontieres/Doctors Without Borders HIV/AIDS Pages
- AIDSinfo - HIV/AIDS Information - U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- HIV InSite - University of California San Francisco
- AIDS.ORG: Educating - Raising HIV Awareness - Building Community
- AIDSPortal - Latest policy, research, guidelines and case studies
- "The Age of Aids" March 30, 2006 Frontline
- Everything you wanted to know about HIV and AIDS - Provided by New Scientist.
- "The Graying of AIDS" - Older Americans living with HIV face unique challenges - TIME magazine, 08/14/06
- "Elite" HIV patients mystify doctors - Aug 16, 2006 | Reuters on Topix.net
- HIV Medicine 2006, medical textbook, 14th edition, 825 pages (free download)
- "The Molecules of HIV" information resource
- Be the Generation - Information on HIV Vaccine Clinical Research in 20 American Cities
- Media Campaign: HIV leads to AIDS
- The Mechanism of HIV-1 Core Assembly: Insights from Three-Dimensional Reconstructions of Authentic Virions
- Unsafe Health Care and the HIV/AIDS Pandemic 2003
- The role of dendritic cells in HIV pathogenesis
- The HIV databases, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- How Aids Works (with animation)
- Watch an animated tutorial on the life cycle of HIV
- Video of Treatment Update 2006 from the Conference on Retrovirus'
- HIV/AIDS at About.com provides a comprehensive collection of HIV and AIDS information, articles, statistics, and forums.
- POZ provides information and networking opportunities for the HIV community.
- AIDSmeds is a place to find complete and easy-to-read information on treating HIV & AIDS.
- AEGiS.org: AIDS Education Global Information System- Patient/clinician information & Historical news and treatment database
- AIDS Community Research Initiative of America - Community-based research and education for people living with HIV
- Data about people living with HIV/AIDS in the world (regional totals and percentage of adults with AIDS that are women)- from Data360
- Resources for HIV/AIDS and Sexual and Reproductive Health Integration Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Center for Communication Programs